Google Analytics 4 (GA4) is an analytics tool for website owners to understand user behavior, make data-driven decisions and improve performance. It also has enhanced privacy controls to ensure compliance with regulations and protect user data.
Google is transitioning from Universal Analytics to Google Analytics 4 with a deadline of July 2023.
How to set up GA4
Convert an existing Google Analytics property to Google Analytics 4
- Sign in to your Google Analytics account and select the property you want to convert.
- Go to the Admin section of the property, then click on the “GA4 Setup Assistant” card under the “Property” column.
- Follow the setup wizard to create a new GA4 property for your website or app.
- Link your GA4 property to your existing Universal Analytics (UA) property if you want to continue using UA alongside GA4. To do this, click on the “Data Streams” tab in your GA4 property, then click on “Set up stream” and select “Google Analytics: Universal Analytics.”
- Give ProudCity permissions to your Google 4 property, and we’ll activate your ProudCity Analytics dashboard.
Set up a new Google Analytics 4 property
- Sign in to your Google Analytics account.
- Create a new property by clicking on the “Admin” tab, then clicking on the “Create Property” button under the “Property” column.
- Choose “Web” as your property type and select “Google Analytics 4” as your measurement type.
- Give your property a name and enter your website URL.
- Customize your data sharing settings and click on “Create”.
- Give ProudCity permissions to your Google 4 account and property, and we’ll activate your ProudCity Analytics dashboard.